Volunteering at City Hospital at White Rock will give you a rewarding hands-on experience to make a difference in healthcare. If you are looking for a way to give back to your community, enjoy helping others, thinking about going into the medical field, needing volunteer hours for school or just looking for a purpose then look no further. At City Hospital at White Rock, we value our volunteers who truly do make a difference and are an essential piece of our puzzle. Commitment can be as little as one 4 hour shift a week, Monday – Friday, 7am – 5pm, evening and weekends on an as needed basis.
Adults of all ages are welcome.
We have opportunities for all. We will talk and figure out where you would best fit based on your needs and abilities.
Year around Student Volunteer Opportunities
We do work with local schools who offer Career & Technology Education programs who allow students to volunteer during the weekday.
Summer Volunteer Program for Students
During the summer months, interested teens and college students have the opportunity to volunteer here at City Hospital at White Rock. Students must be 15 years of age by June 1st of the year they are volunteering.
This program offers young people a great opportunity to learn more about healthcare professions and the importance of volunteerism and dedication to an organization that is valuable in their future career endeavors.
Volunteer Program Details
All volunteers are chosen through a comprehensive screening and interview process to assure our high standards are met.
- Health Screening – TB test, Flu shot (Flu Season Only), Immunization Records
- Criminal Background (18 and older)
- 9 Panel Drug Screening
- 2 Letters of recommendation (non-family)
- 150 word essay for college and high school students
- Mandatory Orientation
We provide volunteer opportunities in three key areas including:
- Administrative– Volunteers who work in administrative areas assist in keeping their assigned departments organized. Duties may include filing, answering phones, and assembling informational packets.
- Patient Care – Volunteers help the clinical staff in various non-clinical ways to ensure patients receive the best possible care during their stay. Duties may include reading to patients, refreshing ice and water, and assisting with meals.
- Hospital Liaison– Volunteers who are assigned to hospital liaison duties assist in waiting rooms and information desks to ensure the needs of the patients and visitors are being met. If you are looking for something that requires you to sit, this would be a great area for you.
- Sew/Knit/Crochet Opportunities – If you knit, crochet, sew or quilt, we are looking to start a program just for you. If you enjoy making items to donate to City Hospital, please let us know. Idea’s include but are not limited to: Baby Beanie Hats for our newborns and NICU babies, Burp cloths, Mittens for our babies so they don’t scratch themselves, and Prayer Shawls. Our only request is that they are new and come from a smoke & animal free home. If interested in this, email [email protected] . Your skills are invaluable to those receiving your items and I’m sure will be cherished by the recipient.
Click here for our Volunteer Application
To submit your application, you may:
- Email your application to [email protected]
- Mailed or Dropped it off at:
ATTENTION HR/Volunteer Coordinator
City Hospital at White Rock – West Tower
9440 Poppy Drive, Suite 209
Dallas, TX 75218
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 4:00pm & Friday’s 7:30am – 12pm
- Fax to: 214-324-6547